Below stated are the main causes for the error display driver stopped responding.
- Defective graphics card
- Corrupted, outdated display drivers
- Multiple running programs in the background
- Limited set time TDR for GPU
Now, let’s go through the solving methods for the error display driver stopped responding to enjoy surfing the internet or playing games in Windows System.
Fixing methods for “display driver stopped responding and has recovered” error!
We have introduced reliable fixing methods for the error display driver stopped responding. Insist you perform the stated methods one after another and check whether the error is fixed or not.
End the active programs/Applications
GPU usage increases due to multiple active programs in Windows System. Insist you end the unwanted tasks to get rid of the error “display driver stopped responding and has recovered”.
- Type “Task Manager” in the Windows search bar and click on it.
- Right-click on the applications and click on the End task option.
- Perform the same steps to close the active programs
Once done, restart your Windows System and check whether the error is fixed or not. If not, proceed with other fixing methods.
Adjust Visual effects in Windows System
- Type “Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows” in Windows search and click on it.
- Select the option “Adjust for best performance” and click on the OK tab.
Check if the error display driver stopped responding is fixed or not. If not, make old changes in your Windows system and proceed with other fixing methods.
Update Graphics drivers
Lack of new driver updates is one of the main causes for the error display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Follow the stated steps in your Windows System to update graphics drivers.
- Type “Device Manager” in the Windows search bar and click on it
- Double-click on “Display adapters” to proceed
- Right-click on graphics adapter and click on “Update driver”
- The next step is to click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”
- Wait for a few seconds to check new updates. if any, update download, and install the same in Windows System.
Make changes in TDR for GPU
Sometimes, due to low Timeout Detection and Recovery for GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) causes the error display driver to stop responding. Follow the stated steps in your Windows system to make changes in TDR for GPU.
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously to open Run Window
- Type “Regedit” in the empty run box and click the OK button to open the registry editor
- Select the folders in the registry editor in a chronological manner
- Following the same order, we have distinguished it for easy understanding.
- To proceed further with the next step you must be aware of the Operating System bit.
Note: To know the System bit right-click on “This PC” and click on the Properties option.
You can find the (Windows bit) under system information. Here, it’s 64-bit!
- Now you are aware of the Operating System bit. Let’s continue with the steps.
- Kindly, right-click on the blank space and select the bit (32-bit or 64-bit). We will continue selecting QWORD (64-bit) value.
- You will find a new entry included in the list.
- Kindly edit the “New Value #1” to “TdrDelay”
- The next step is to double-click on TdrDelay, edit the “Value data” to 8 and click the OK button.
Once done, kindly close the registry editor and restart the Windows Operating System.
Clean GPU Hardware
In case, if you find the same error display driver stopped responding and has recovered in Windows System then insist you clean GPU Hardware. To execute this method you have to shut down your operating system.
Remove the side panel of your CPU using a compatible screwdriver. Kindly, remove GPU to clean make use of tiny smooth brush, dust, and lint remover spray. Once done, place GPU inside the CPU and connect the side panel. Now, turn on your Windows System and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Take the help of an expert to replace the video card
Still, finding the same error? Might be possible that your Video card is defective! Visit a professional expert for proper resolution! Carry your CPU along with you and ask the expert to look into it.
Also Read: Termux Commands List: The Best Guide in 2023
FAQ for display driver stopped responding and has recovered
- Why does my display driver stop responding?
You might find the error display driver stopped responding and has recovered due to multiple causes such as a Defective graphics card, outdated display drivers, multiple running programs in the background, or Limited set time TDR for GPU.
- How do I fix the Display driver who stopped responding?
Perform the stated methods to fix the error display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
- End the active programs/Applications
- Adjust Visual effects in Windows System
- Update Graphics drivers
- Make changes in TDR for GPU
- Clean GPU Hardware
- What can I use to clean GPU?
To clean GPU you can make use of a tiny smooth brush and dust and lint remover spray. Windows users make use of it to clean the dust and debris that exists in GPU.
Performing the stated methods in your Windows System you can fix the error display driver stopped responding and has recovered in 2022. If you have any doubts or queries, kindly note them in the given comment section. Our dedicated team will look into it!