Windows Operating System includes protected memory address which is meant to be accessed by certain programs, for being functional. You might find the error “access violation at address” due to the misbehavior of a newly installed application or missing files of the program.
Suppose you have installed a gaming application in your Windows System and the attribute of it is considered as “Read-only” then you will find the error Exception_Access_Violation. Investing a few minutes reading the article will help you to explore the fixing methods for access violation at the address in 2022.
Fixing methods for the error access violation at address in 2022!
We have introduced the fixing methods for the error Exception_Access_Violation. Insist you to perform the method one after another and check the problem of access violation at the address is fixed or not.
Note: Perform a method and check whether the issue is fixed or not. If not, proceed with other fixing methods.
Add the newly installed program to the Exception Access List
- Firstly left click on “This PC” and click on the Properties option
- Click on the Settings option under “Advanced System Settings”
- The next step is to click on “Data Execution Prevention” and check “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”
- Kindly, click on the “Add” option and choose the installed Application (Same app with error Exception_Access_Violation)
- Once you select the Application, click on the Open tab.
- You will find the selected Application in the list, click on the OK tab
That’s it! Now try to open the same app in your Windows System to check whether the issue access violation at the address is fixed or not. If not, proceed with other fixing methods.
Uncheck the mode “Read-Only”
- Kindly, left-click on the installed Application
- Click on the Properties option to proceed
- The next step is to click on the “General” option
- You will find Attributes, uncheck “Read-only”
- Click on the OK tab to complete the process
Once done, open the same application to check whether the issue Exception_Access_Violation is resolved or not.
Run the installed program in compatibility mode
In case, if the newly installed application is not compatible with your current Windows Operating System then you might find the error “access violation at address” Windows System allows users to change the compatibility versions to run a program or application in their operating system.
- Left-click on the installed Application and click on the Properties option
- The next step is to click on the “Compatibility” option
- Give a checkmark “Run this program in compatibility mode”
- Select the compatible Windows Operating system for the installed App
- The next step is to click the OK tab and hit the Apply button.
Hopefully, the issue of Exception Access Violation might be fixed in your Windows System. If not, proceed further with other fixing methods.
Make changes in user account controls
Still, finding the same problem access violation at address? Insist you perform the method in your Windows Operating System.
- Type “Control Panel” in the Windows search bar and click on it!
- Kindly, click on “User Accounts” to proceed
- Once again click on “User Accounts” to explore other options
- The next step is to click on “Change User Account Control settings”
- Slide down the bar to “Never notify” and click on the OK button!
Once done, try to access the same application to confirm whether the error access violation at the address is fixed or not. If not, kindly perform the last method!
Delete the program and download/install it again!
You might find the error Exception_Access_Violation due to missing files of the application. We insist you delete the Application from your Windows Operating System. Once done, download and install the same App from the official sources (Website).
How to delete the installed application in the Windows system?
- Type “settings” in the windows search bar and click on it
- The next step is to click on Apps
- Kindly, find the Application and click on Uninstall tab.
FAQ for access violation at address
- What causes access violation errors?
Missing files of the Application, lack of system compatibility, misbehaving of the installed app, attribute checked with “Read-only” are some of the main causes for the error “access violation at address”
- How do you fix a memory access violation?
To fix the memory access violation problem kindly, perform the stated methods in your Windows Operating System.
- Add the newly installed program to the Exception Access List
- Uncheck the mode “Read-Only”
- Run the installed program in compatibility mode
- Make changes in user account controls
- Delete the program and download/install it again!
- What is an Access violation at the address?
Access violation address is an error faced by Windows users. Whenever an unauthorized application tries to access the protected system memory, finds the error Exception_Access_Violation.
We’re glad to introduce the fixing methods for access violations at the address in 2022. If you have any doubts or queries, kindly note them in the given comment section. Our dedicated team will look into it!